Miya's Law has passed in Florida.
Don't get caught with outdated key log policies.
In 2022, Miya's Law passed in Florida to help strengthen renter safety. Multifamily communities are now required to:
- Run background screenings on current and new employees
- Provide reasonable notice for repairs
- Establish key control policies and procedures
- Maintain an accurate key access log
- Provide proof of compliance to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) upon request
If state officials inspected your property today, would you be ready? Download our quick guide for simple tips on how to update your key control policies and procedures.
10 Tips to Simplify Miya's Law Compliance
A Guide for Florida Multifamily Communities
Download the Quick Guide
Follow the tips in this guide to make compliance easier.